The first major project for our coalition is to help members of Local 308 remove the stumbling blocks for progress and information through improving the bylaws that govern it.
Unfortunately, after harassing union members who participated in the project by phone and blatantly refusing to allow the bylaw reforms to be read aloud at the October, 2020 meeting, President Franklin blocked our efforts.
We will keep trying and never give up.
Below are summaries. View and vote/comment on the full details in the survey below
1) : Salary will no longer be merit-based and only occur when a Contract with raises for members is ratified.
2) No elected leader can receive additional compensation through union business.
3) : The union must ensure that every member votes no matter where they are located.
4) : Improve the pool of potential new elected leaders.
5) : Instead of Executive Board members choosing Stewards, it will be up to the members.
6) : Guarantee that officers in service to the union will be paid the Full-Time rate of their craft/classification, even if they are in a Part-Time position.
7) : Bylaw votes must be secret ballots in order to prevent intimidation.
8) Members who cannot attend meetings can have equal influence in the direction of the union.
9) : Members who cannot attend meetings can have equal influence in the direction of the union.
10) : Create a new position for an Executive Board, Assistant and Stewards for all departments during the midnight shifts.
11) : Incentivize members to attend union meetings.
12) : Encourage new employees to sign up for the union.
13) : Assist members in need.
14) : Assist members in need.
15) : Enhanced Online Reporting.
16) : Union presidents must be more accountable to seek the collective wisdom of the members.
17) : Elected leaders must resign their position if they chose to sue a member.